- Loyola Press: God Loves Us
- Learning About God’s Love
- Growing in God’s Love
- Sharing God’s Love
- Celebrating God’s Love
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Journeys
- ELA/Literacy program aligned to the Common Core ELA Standards
- Encompasses print concepts, phonological awareness, phonics and word recognition, and fluency.
- Starfall/ABC Mouse: differentiated learning using technology
- Grammar: Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Sentence Parts, and Punctuation
- Accelerated Reader Program: Personalized goals for independent reading practice
- Writing strategies:
- Narrative Writing
- Informative Writing
- Opinion Writing
- McGraw-Hill My Math
- aligned to Common Core Math Standards and Mathematical Practices
- Composing and Decomposing Numbers, Place Value (Base Ten), Measurement, Classification, Addition, Subtraction, Two- and Three-Dimensional Shapes
- Sumdog: differentiated learning using technology
- Scholastic: Let’s Find Out
- School Rules/Feelings, Fire Safety, Holidays, Veterans, Native Americans/Pilgrims, Nocturnal Animals, Healthy Foods/Teeth
- California Studies Weekly
- Rights and Responsibilities, Columbus, Presidents, Holidays and Celebrations, Symbols and Monuments, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Maps and Globes, Earth and Seasons, Life and Work Long Ago, American Legends
- Scholastic: Let’s Find Out
- Thematic Units: Apples, Pumpkins, Spiders, Gingerbread, Farm, and Ocean
- Animal Parts and Movement, Plant Parts and Needs, 5 Senses, Basic Life Cycles of Plants and Animals
- NGSS Aligned Curriculum
- Shipley Nature Center
- Amy’s Farm
- Retreat at St. Catherine of Siena
- Movement concepts
- Locomotor Movement
- Manipulative Skills
- Rhythmic Skills
- Social skills
- Healthy Living
- Aerobic Capacity
- Use lines, shapes/forms, and colors to make patterns.
- Paint pictures expressing ideas about family and neighborhood, environment and express feelings.
- Discuss their own works of art, using appropriate art vocabulary (e.g., line color, shape/form, texture). Name art materials.
- Geometric shapes in art to create larger images.
- Sculpture – clay, mixed media and costumes.
- Some Projects Include:
- Self Portraits- Painting
- Human Forms: Collage
- Scarecrows: Assemblage
- Clay Pinch Pots
- Clay Christmas Ornaments
- Nutcracker Assemblage/Construction
- Owls-painting with primary colors to make neutrals
- Valentine Clay project
- Spring-Patterns in nature
- Printmaking – Collagraph
- Oil Pastels, tempera paint, watercolor paint, textures
- Apply vocal and instrumental skills
- Create movement to music
- Read music and rhythms
- Listen to, analyze, and describe music
- Sing and play simple singing games from various cultures
- School-wide participation in the Pacific Symphony Class Act program
- Learn basic listening/speaking skills
- Basic vocabulary concepts include: Greeting, stating your name, classroom objects, numbers 1-15, colors, days of the week, directions, animals, adjectives, body parts, clothing, family, community, food and feelings.
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship — Online Safety, Cyberbullying, Copyright, Social Networking
- Students will have opportunities to use IPads and PC’s to develop mouse and keyboarding skills. Children will demonstrate their creativity through these digital technologies and also be provided with differentiated instruction in Language Arts and Math.