Check Back for More Details!
Elementary and Middle School Physical Education Program
- To expose all students to a program of progressive skill development in a variety of major & minor games and other physical activities
- To promote an appreciation and enjoyment of participation in physical activities and establish the habits associated with an active lifestyle
- To provide all students with an opportunity to experience regular, meaningful and enjoyable competition
- To promote and develop appropriate social behavior and cooperation through games
- To promote the development of healthy mind and body
Students should behave in a manner that promotes the efficient use of class time, the achievement of instructional objectives in a safe and enjoyable environment for themselves and others.
P.E. Course Structure
The objectives and expectations for this subject area are delivered through the Common Core Standards. The five overarching model content standards for elementary and middle school students are as follows:
Standard 1: Students demonstrate the motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Standard 2: Students demonstrate knowledge of movement concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
Standard 3: Students assess and maintain a level of physical fitness to improve health and performance.
Standard 4: Students demonstrate knowledge of physical fitness concepts, principles, and strategies to improve health and performance.
Standard 5: Students demonstrate and utilize knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity. In elementary school the content standard
Over the duration of the school year the students are exposed to a variety of sports in which the focus is on developing sport specific skills and their game understanding of how to play the sport.